“Be a Center of Excellence to prepare students for professional career in textiles in requirement to the dynamic changes of the industry, society and the Nation.”
1. To develop professionally competent textile technocrats.
2. To impart ethical values and leadership qualities to cope up with real world challenges.
3. To provide qualitative education and exposure of textile manufacturing through suitable department-industry interaction.
4. Upgrade the student’s performance skills with vocational and industrial training for better placements.
1. Analyse different processes of textile manufacturing industry.
2. Acquire expertise to manage the machine and workers shift wise in different private and public sectors who involves with the manufacturing of fibers, yarns, fabrics and garments.
3. Solve real world problems in a safe, professional and ethical manner in order to achieve sustainable growth of industry and society.
Department of Textile Manufacturing Technology (DTMT), in Dr. S. & S. S.
Ghandhy College of Engineering and Technology, Surat was started in the year
1969. The course duration is of 7 semesters and the intake capacity is of 30
students per year. The college is administered by Directorate of Technical
Education, Gujarat, Gandhinagar and is affiliated with Gujarat Technological
early 2014, the department will be shifted to its new building specially
allotted to the Textile Departments of the college, namely, Department of
Textile Manufacturing Technology and Department of Textile Processing
Technology. The new building has the facility of separate laboratories for
Spinning, Weaving, Knitting, Testing and Fabric Structure. Apart from this it
has a Computer laboratory as well as a Seminar hall.
6th semester students have undertaken project work of making models
as a part of their curricular activity. The 7th semester students
are sent for industrial training of 6 months to enhance their practical
knowledge. Frequent industrial visits and expert lectures are also planned for
making the students aware of latest developments and industrial practices. The
students of the department are actively involved in the Seven Strand
activities, which include Academics, Research and Entrepreneurship, Hospitality
and Mess, Training and Placement.