Textile industries are considered as one of the oldest & core industries among all. They also contributes major share in the economy of our nation. Looking to the present scenario of fashion & technical textile industries, which is the most flourishing area of textile industries. An ample of job opportunities is available for the students of this branch. This sector contributes on a large scale to national & global markets in the field of synthetic fibre-fabric processing. Surat is a City of textiles and is famous for Synthetic Sarees & Dress Materials. About 500 Textile Processing units are working in Surat and surrounding and daily average processing 50,000 meters of different textile verities in each unit. Day by day modernization is coming in textile industries & therefore to full fill the requirement of technical People are essential.
In Dr. S & S.S. Ghandhy College Textile processing course is running from 1969 by the reorganization of western region committee of technical education and it provides technocrats for Textile Industries. Textile processing technology is the branch of mixture of science & technology. This involves basic concepts of pure chemistry & chemical technology. The student of this discipline learns about various concepts like identification & testing of textile fibres, wet processing of textile fibres, technical textiles, quality & process control, etc as major along with the basic engineering courses in broad sense. Textile Processing Course is having seven Semesters in which six semesters for Class room Study & Practical Work and seventh semester is Industrial Training. Textile processing department also arranged industrial visit for practical knowledge of students.
“To achieve excellence in quality education and to construct technocrats in the areas of textile processing technology to contribute ever-changing need of textile industries and society”
1. To build up professionally competence students in the field of textile processing.
2. To produce technocrats in the field of textile processing technology according to the exact needs of Textile Industries
3. To promote creativity, innovation and professional activities in the field of Textile Processing.
4. To forge relationship with reputed institutes, industries and government bodies for the benefit of society.
5. To provide knowledge through Department-Industry interaction.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
To develop professionally competent textile processing engineer.
To utilize conceptual application of technical skills for textile processing and product development.
To adopt and implement new technologies to serve textile sector.
Programme specific Objectives (PSOs)
1. Expand technical advancement of textiles in various field for different purposes.
2. Support sustainable and ecological development of processing of textile.
- Testing of Chemicals and fabric can be checked
- Fastness properties of treated sample can be measured
- The strength of Chemicals can be measure.
Scouring, Bleaching and Optical whitening of fabric can be done in this lab.
Dyeing of fabrics with single or multi color and Printing of Fabric with single or multi color can be done.
Dyeing & Printing of Blend fabric also done in this lab.